Yoga maternity photos combines two of my favorite types of photography. Here are 5 tips if you are into yoga (or dance), and considering Yoga or Dance maternity photos:
- Pick a photographer who has experience photographing both maternity and yoga or dance photos. They will understand best how to pose you. Bonus if they themselves are a former dancer or yoga teacher.
- Book your photographer for your 8th month of pregnancy, and plan to book about 3 months out – meaning, when you are 5 months pregnant. At about 8 months, you’ll have a big beautiful baby belly, but won’t be so far along that you may have to cancel because you are delivering!
- Discuss with your photographer the types of images you want. Indoor? Outdoor? Both? Posed? More natural and relaxed? Bare belly? How comfortable are you with moving and doing some yoga poses during the session?
- Bring a variety of clothing and accessories (like this super cool belt below).
- Treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure the day before your shoot. Your nails will look great, and it will relax you.
- Have fun! This is a great treat you are giving yourself, and your future baby who will LOVE to see photos of themselves in Mommy’s belly.
Denver Maternity Yoga Photographer
Just had to quickly share this image taken during today’s Boulder yoga photography session. The theme is Seasons: Fall / Autumn.
I picked these leaves in the fall, and then they sat around, waiting for a fun concept /art shoot to come out and play. Yay! For trees, leaves, and yoga! Oh, and the fun, creative people I get to work with.
Like: My lovely model is Amee – @thegardeningyogi, and the super talented hair and makeup artist is theresa.elmore.
Boulder Yoga Photographer
Yoga Model Call – Denver Yoga Photography:
Are you a yoga teacher in Denver or Boulder Colorado (or anywhere in between)? If so, would you like some *amazing images* of yourself doing some cool yoga poses in a fabulous light filled studio?
Specifically looking for male and female yoga teachers. Age range 21 – 101, very fit and flexible, and with a unique look – could be short spiky hair, or long purple hair, or dreads, or lots of tattoos, or even just a peaceful beauty that shines through their eyes! I’m especially looking for male yoga teachers, and/or someone who does acroyoga.
See below for some images from my Denver yoga portfolio.
And see here and here to read what my yoga models thought of the fun, fabulous experience, or here to see what folks say about working with me in general.
If interested, pls email two recent photos (one face, and one full body) to: YogaModelCall @ NataschaLeeStudios.com (spaces added to email to make it a bit more difficult on the spam bots! Boo spam bots!)
Denver Dance and Yoga Photographer
Denver Yoga Photography
Here is one of my favs of Macy – she just got engaged so we wanted an unique wedding ring shot that combined her ring and her love of yoga.
I photographed this Denver Yoga Mamma back when she was pregnant with her first child, and I photographed her baby when he was 7 days old. For our second maternity session here, we did a yoga-themed one. And I’ll be photographing this little baby very soon, as he is due this month! It will be my 5th photo session w/Kamala, as I photographed her and her pottery about 8 years ago! I love being her “official family photographer” and can’t wait to meet her newest family member…any day now!
Denver Maternity and Yoga Mamma Photographer